The Community Foundation is seeking a Finance Assistant to join the Finance team. The successful candidate will possess a strong accounting background with demonstrated experience, knowledge of multi-fund accounting, critical attention to detail skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member. Equity and diversity are important values of the Foundation. We are striving for a diverse workforce, made up of staff who represent the community we serve.
This position is responsible for a variety of record keeping services related to the administration of the Foundation. This person works as an assistant to the Vice-President, Finance in the implementation of the office accounting systems, including accounts receivable, check and cash deposits, with other accounting as necessary. Punctual work attendance and attention to detail are critical requirements for this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable, including coding
- Prepare and make bank deposits, bank reconciliation and verify deposits
- Prepare various special account analyses and schedules as requested
- Leasing of Western Avenue Properties and act as a liaison between tenants
- Generate monthly rent and electricity resale invoices to tenants
- Maintain State of Michigan liquor license renewal paperwork for PKT Twelve
- Maintain city and state building and food service license renewal
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong accounting background with demonstrated experience
- Substantial computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows and strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of multi-fund accounting
- Ability to operate effectively in fast paced environment, taking initiative when necessary
- Minimum of Associates Degree in accounting preferred
This is a full time position with benefits, salary range $35,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2018
Every gift makes a difference.
Where and how is up to you.